Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level recruitment 2018 is in progress. After releasing the notification for SSC CGL exam 2018, the exam for Tier 1 is postponed due to the charge of unfairly means. Now SSC is in the course to finalize a new exam date for SSC CGL exam. Earlier, the exam was planned from 25th July 2018 to 20th August 2018, which has been overdue now. The SSC CGL admit card will be declared with the release of new exam date.
The competition in SSC CGL exam is on the high peak as every year, lakhs of candidates apply for this highly competitive exam. SSC CGL exams bring a countless opportunity for aspirants to get a chance to work in various job profiles in Indian government organisation.
The SSC CGL exam comprises of four levels i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. The final shortlisted candidates get the prospect to work in government departments of India. If you are not able to clear the tier 4 (typing test), then you will be eligible for the posts which do not require the typing speed.
If you want to secure a seat for a good grade-pay, 180+ marks in Tier 1 is a must. These many marks seem to be very tough to accomplish but with a balanced strategy, it is possible.
SSC CGL Tier 1
There are majorly four papers in SSC CGL Tier 1 exam which consists of:
- English Language and Comprehension: This section of the exam is compulsory for all. Twenty-five questions of fifty marks are asked.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section is also compulsory to clear Tier 1 exam. Twenty-five questions for fifty marks are asked.
- General Awareness: A compulsory section providing twenty-five questions of fifty marks.
- General intelligence and reasoning: A compulsory section of the exam and has twenty-five questions of fifty marks.
SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is mandatory for all the posts and its marks are added in the total process of SSC CGL exam. The total hours you will get for this Tier 1 exam is of 60 minutes. If you are not able to clear the Tier 1, you will not be allowed to sit for SSC CGL Tier 2.
Through this, we will be sharing strategies for you in order to score 150+ in SSC CGL exam 2018.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2108 for Tier 1
|Error Spotting||Idioms and Phrases||Cloze-test|
|Para jumble||Spelling Errors||Passage|
|Voice and narrations||Antonym/Synonyms||–|
|Fill in the blanks||One- word substitution||–|
Important Tips: For some, this section is a laidback task but for others, the section becomes a nightmare and major problem in getting a good score in the exam. You should follow a rational sequence of topics. Start with scoring topics
|Arithmetic||Advance level of Maths|
|LCM and HCF||Histogram|
|Boat and Stream||Geometry|
|Compound and Simple Interest||Mensuration|
|Problems on Ages||Frequency Polygon|
|Ration Discount||Bar Diagram and Pie-Chart|
|Speed, Time and work||Heights and Distances|
|Time, work and Wages||Complementary Angles|
|Profit, Loss and Discount||Degree and Radian Measures, Histogram|
|Pipes and Cistern|
|Mixture and Allegation|
- The questions in the section are intended to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers.
- The possibility of quantitative ability is limited to class 10th level mathematics.
- You can score well in this section if you have good command over the mathematics.
- Attempt all the questions with virtuous accuracy as 0.5 marks will be subtracted for each wrong answer.
|General Awareness Topics||Sub Topics|
|Economy and Finance||
|Science and Technology||
|Indian Polity and Constitution||
- This subject is something that you cannot master in one day.
- You can perform well in this part if you spend your daily hours consistently on it.
- The General Awareness subject is vital because this is the only subject which can be attempted swiftly in 9-10 mins.
- You can get a good score and good rank in this subject if you prepared well.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
|General Mental Ability||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Classification||Cube and Dice|
|Coding Decoding||Mirror Image|
|Distance Direction test||Water Image|
|Alphabet Test||Paper cutting and folding|
|Arithmetic Reasoning||Figure Formation and Analysis|
|Logical Venn Diagram||Counting of Figures|
- No certain formula to mug up but remember to solve this subject with logical ability.
- Prepare each topic wisely and carefully.
Score 180+ in SSC CGL Tier 1 with Expert’s Tricks
- Consistency, Revision, and Coverage is the imperative thing to score 180+ in SSC CGL tier 1.
- Be consistent with your method of the preparation and do regular practice.
- Give mock test on regular basis and analysis your weak areas.
- Try to cover each topic diligently.
- For English, try to read newspapers, articles and editorials.
- Short and best tricks are nothing but the general steps being cut into very few.
Don’t forget to download SSC CGL preparation app. It provides free notes, topic-wise study material, quizzes, mock test, previous papers, and all the notifications related SSC exams.