Effect of Junk Food Essay | Speech on Effect of Junk Food
Effect of Junk Food Essay, Article on Effect of Junk Foods,Speech on Effect of Junk Food,Paragraph on Effect of Junk Food, Short Essay on Effect of Junk Food
Junk food is any food which is calorie-dense and nutrient-poor. In recent times, junk food, fast food and convenience food consumption has increased dramatically. This trend has given a rise to numerous chronic diseases. One might worry about what is it going to do to his thighs or mid-section, if he overdoes it on any junk food. But it’s not only a matter of weight gain. It might have a far more repercussions than that.
When someone eats a junk food diet, his muscles’ ability to oxidize glucose disrupts. Under normal circumstances, your body muscles will either breakdown the glucose or store it for later use. Muscles make up about thirty percent of the body weight, so if this key player in the glucose metabolism is disrupted, it can pave the way to diabetes and other health problems.
When you eat a meal high in unhealthy fats and sugar in long run, it can lead to an increased risk of heart attack, but there are short term effects as well, such as:
- Your tissue becomes inflamed
- Your blood vessels constrict
- Damaging free radicals are generated
- Your blood pressure may rise higher than normal
- A surge and drop in insulin may leave you feeling hungry soon after your meal
- But, eating a healthy meal helps your body return to its normal, optimal state, even after having just one healthy meal!
Initially, it puts a strain on the digestive system, which is forced to work for hours to break down this food. And when the food remains in the digestive tract for such a long time, it will impact the nutrient absorption and will harm the body.
As it is widely known, noodles have a very bad impact on the health. Research published in the Journal of Nutrition, found that women who consumed more instant noodles had a significantly greater risk of metabolic syndrome than those who ate less. The instant noodle consumers have a low intake of important nutrients like protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, vitamin A, niacin and vitamin C. Also, they have an excessive intake of energy, unhealthy fats and sodium. Refined carbohydrates like cereals, bagels, wheat and other processed foods quickly break down to sugar in body. This increases the insulin and leptin levels, and contributes to insulin resistance and becomes the primary factors that will underpin almost every chronic disease and weight gain.
Effect of Junk Food Essay, Article on Effect of Junk Food,Speech on Effect of Junk Food,Paragraph on Effect of Junk Food, Short Essay on Effect of Junk Food
Incoming search terms:
- junk food essay (81)
- harmful effects of junk food essay (79)
- speech on junk food (72)
- article on junk food and its effects (46)
- essay on junk food (44)
- junk foods (41)
- speech on junk food for class 9 (39)
- short speech on junk food (28)
- speech on harmful effects of junk food (24)
- junk food essay in english (19)
- junk food images (18)
- junk food (17)
- Junk food speech (16)
- paragraph on junk food (14)
- Speech about junk food (14)
- article on harmful effects of junk food (13)
- junk food article in english (13)
- what is junk food (9)
- junk food paragraph (9)
- paragraph on junk food is bad for health (9)